Tapping this button centers the map on your location (indicated by the blue dot on the map)
Though the background map is gray by default, you can change it by tapping on the Maps icon and selecting the background you prefer. You will also see the option to upgrade to Aviation charts! These are VFR, IFR, and IFR High-Altitude. Note the aviation charts are strictly for informational purposes, not for in-flight navigation.
You'll find most of MyRadar's configurable options in here, everything from Classic/Hi-Def Radar and the forecast, to Hurricane Tracker and wildfires. Each menu with a white mixer icon has other menus you can access to customize your experience further.
Tapping this icon will lead you to videos of forecasts and news from our meteorology desk, as well as interviews and instructional tips on how to use the app.
Share gifs and photos of the current radar with anyone and anywhere directly from MyRadar!
Pretty self-explanatory; use it to take pictures and upload them for the MyRadar community to see (You can also upload photos from Camera Roll).
In the settings menu, you will find several options to enhance your MyRadar experience.
- Set My Location – Centers your current location in the map when MyRadar is launched.
- Follow My Location – Keeps the map centered on your location.
- Remove Advertising (free version only) – Removes ads from the map for a larger view. $1.99 one-time fee.
- Hurricanes – Displays current/active hurricanes on the map. $2.99 one-time fee.
- Professional Radar Pack (Per-Station Radar) – Access to unfiltered NEXRAD II data. $6.99 one-time fee.
- Aviation Charts – Access Hi, Low, and sectional aviation charts. $24.99 yearly subscription.
- Restore Previous Purchases – Should you ever “lose” your paid upgrades, tap this button to restore them!
- Enable Push Notifications – Receive weather warnings and watches for your area.
- Current Conditions Notification –Toggle a persistent notification displaying the current weather conditions in your area.
- Open Source Licenses – License details for open source software.
- Build Version – What MyRadar version you have.
- Diagnostic Report – Should you have a problem with MyRadar, submit a diagnostic report at the request of Tech Support.
- Wear Diagnostic Report – Should you have a problem with MyRadar for Android wear, submit a diagnostic report at the request of Tech Support.
This list isn't definitive and ever-expanding, so we'll keep adding to it as time goes.